Sunday, February 15, 2009

Crock Pot Adventure

Montgomery, Alabama is my new home. For now. In fact, Ronnie and I are living in a hotel room on base while he trains to be a JAG (you know, like a movie star). At the end of April we are driving out to Fairfield, California where we'll be stationed for about 2 years.

But that is neither here nor there.

The point is, we're not too keen on eating in the mess hall for every meal, but cooking in our room is a little tricky. Resources: microwave, toaster, mini-refrigerator which includes a small freezer section. And I brought a crock pot along just in case. I have used a crock pot twice ever.
So today I attempted a dinner of pork loin roast with an Italian herb and garlic seasoning packet, chopped onions, and carrots in the crock pot. It was delicious. (Although I was a little concerned that upon returning home from church we would find the carpet melted or something dreadful of that nature...luckily it was for naught.)

After I put the leftovers in a plastic bag in the mini-fridge, Ronnie and I realized we had problem: how to dispose of the juices, drippings, and small pieces of onion, fat, and meat that were left in the pot. I had planned on washing the pot in the bath tub, but all that junk definitely wouldn't fit down the drain.

Suddenly, a stroke of genius.

The toilet.

That's right folks, we flushed all that junk right down the toilet.

And let me tell you, it was not appetizing AT ALL to see it in there.

5 Comments:

Blogger Russ said...

I misread the title as "Crack Pot Adventure". Make sure you have one of those and write about it.

2:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Why not the toilet, right? I mean, ultimately that's where the rest of the food will go, too. ...Though saying it that way only makes it even more unappetizing.

Anyway, props for your ingenuity! And I'm glad you and Ronnie get to live in the same state again, especially since it means you've got funny stories like this.

2:54 PM

 
Blogger Javidite said...

Sounds like you will get very creative in your cooking. But your first adventure sounded pretty tasty.

6:25 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

Love it. And miss your guts Steffy!

8:49 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

We have never lived in a place with a garbage disposal, and I have to admit, we have resorted to the toilet many time. What an adventure!

7:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home