Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Play Dough Representation of My Life

My new calling is home-study seminary teacher. I have 2 students, and last Wednesday was our first day (although only one girl showed up). As a getting to know you activity we each built something out of play dough that tells something about you.

The only thing I could come up with was a play dough sculpture of a bed with me sleeping on it.

Then I explained to the girl in the class that I really like sleeping, so I was glad that I was called to be home-study seminary teacher because then we don't have to get up early every morning.

At the same time I was explaining this to the girl, I was thinking about how this little sculpture might amuse my friends from the old 177th Ward...although you all rarely saw me sleeping in my actual bed. More like the car, the couch, the floor, the sidewalk....

I hope you are amused.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I am amused!! what a good story. Did you sculpt yourself sleeping upside down at least? Also, stay at home seminary teacher? Sounds like a mighty good calling!

5:55 PM

 
Blogger kel said...

Remember this? Well, I guess you won't, Stef, 'cause you slept through it... but the rest of us sure do. :P

PS. What's "home-study" seminary? Is it like release time, but at your house?

10:04 AM

 
Blogger Stefani said...

I remember the post, Kelly...and looking at it again actually does make me laugh.

Home-study seminary is for kids who can't make it to early morning for whatever reason. So instead we only meet once a week at the church for an hour and a half before mutual and have a lesson, do scripture mastery, etc. They also have to turn in homework assignments from the student manual. It's actually a lot of work, because it's kind of like they are making up for the 45 minutes that they aren't spending in earlier morning seminary each day.

We are studying New Testament this year, and already I'm learning so much! I really like this calling.

11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home