Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hall Pass

Occasionally at work I have to run errands around to different offices throughout the building or across campus. Sometimes when I go, I feel like I should be taking a hall pass with me like little kiddies do in elementary school to go to their lockers.

Might this be a microcosmic representation of my feelings of inferiority and submission to the authority of The Man? I say, NAY! I will not yield to the tyranny of the man! I will take no hall pass and give no apologies!

And while I'm thinking of it, why do kids have to ask to use the restroom? Shouldn't people just be able to go when they need to go? American culture is so bizarre. Or maybe this is a global problem.

5 Comments:

Blogger *star said...

I know why kids have to ask. My students are constantly doing that thing where they ask to leave class just because they are bored. If they did not have to ask, I would probably be teaching a row of empty desks. Come on. Fess up. We all did it when we were their age too!

10:33 AM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

But sometimes kids are too scared to ask to use the restroom. Think about it. It can be fairly embarrassing to raise your hand and announce to the class that you need to take a potty.

9:49 PM

 
Blogger the narrator said...

your office should make a hall pass. a huge wooden board with pee stains on it.

10:35 PM

 
Blogger Stefani said...

I guess I did do that...except if I left the class because I was bored then I really needed to leave and get some fresh air or I would fall asleep...literally.

7:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

12:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home