Monday, September 22, 2008

the end of Bourne...the beginning of fall

This summer since I never found a job (although I started working as a tutor at Sylvan Learning Center last month), I wasn't in school, and my husband spent all his time (literally like 12+ hours a day) studying for the bar exam, I had A LOT of time to spend doing whatever I wanted! And since my budget was zero as we were livin on love at first, and we don't have a tv (we decided not to have one because we didn't want our studio apartment to look like a hotel room), I read the books that Ronnie added to our library, or I checked out books from the public library. I probably went to the public library daily, if not just to get out of the house and allow myself the ability to say that I actually did something by the end of the day...besides get the mail.

Thus, I read about 20 books and several Ensigns during the summer...which officially ended today. Happy Fall by the way, and Happy My Favorite Season, and Happy I'm So Excited That I'm Back In The Midwest Where The Autumn Colors Are SOOOOO Beautiful.

I digress. The point of the post is that today I finished the last installment of the Jason Bourne trilogy. The first one was pretty good. I liked the second one better. By the third one, I was just ready for the stinkin book to be FINISHED. The books were just too long!

My conclusion: The books were ok, but even though the story is changed I recommend just watching the movies. They are shorter and Matt Damon has some awesome moves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I am just so happy to see you blog, I have no other comments.

11:03 PM

 
Blogger be said...

Speaking of long books, did you read "Atlas Shrugged"? I'm pretty sure that's in Ronnie's collection somewhere.

1:21 PM

 
Blogger Stefani said...

No, I haven't read Atlas Shrugged, and yes, it is in Ronnie's collection. I was thinking about reading Lonesome Dove (another long one...), but maybe I'll try out Atlas Shrugged instead. Or maybe not.

8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home