Monday, August 21, 2006

Of Blogging and Baseball

This was going to be my first ever blog with pictures about my first ever Cubs game and my first ever time at Wrigley Field. However, due to technical difficulties (namely, user error) this was a failed attempt.

Yet I will pick myself up from the dust of my desperation and describe one of the happiest days of my life. I always knew I was a Cubbies fan, but there is just something about being in Wrigley Field that lights the burning fire of team loyalty, a fire I had begun to doubt within myself.

I went to the game with my folks on a beautiful Friday afternoon. The Cubs were playing the Pirates. I knew as soon as I walked through the gate that I was born to go to Wrigley Field. We had great seats about 10 rows back on the 3rd base line. The hot dog was spectacular (dare I say it rivaled J-Dawgs?). At the 7th inning stretch I bought my first ever Cubs shirt, which immediately earned favorite shirt status. A few times during the game the Pirates hit one into the stands, and of course the true Cubs fan threw the ball back onto the field. Unfortunately, the Cubbies broke my heart that day as they lost miserably to the Pirates 6-0 (although the Cubs won 7-5 on Saturday and 6-1 on Sunday).

So it turns out that this blogging experience is much like the Cubs themselves. They try and fail, yet they keep on playing game after game. Let's just hope that I am not cursed from picture blogs. Maybe I will try to picture blog again the next time the Cubs win the World Series. Or maybe when I succeed at the picture blog the Cubs' curse will finally be broken...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's your second favorite team?

12:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's your second favorite team?

12:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this your favorite memory from this summer?

1:53 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

OHHH BRIAN!!! I LOVE YOU!!! HOW HAPPY I AM THAT YOU ARE ON STEFFY's BLOG!! Her second favorite team is of course, the Braves, although it should be the first.

6:48 PM

 
Blogger Stefani said...

Lookin good, Brian. Keep up the good work.

11:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, I just lost a little weight for the true love of my life, Kim Stobel. I think I could bat .400 if she were in the stands every game.

7:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home