Friday, March 30, 2007

Bad Poetry

Today I went to a reading of bad poetry in the library. It was pretty bad stuff, yet highly entertaining and had some people in tears from laughter. In the midst of such repulsive line reciting, my friend and I created our own bad poem...here it is for your reading displeasure.

Musings on Nature

Alas, my teeth are rotten
The holes the size of
Freshly dug graves
Meandering throughout the wide open trap that is my mouth cavity.
Why, I ask, Why!
I haven't swallowed a fly
In my drink
And I never will, no,
Nevermore

*Note: the original title to this poem was "Ode to Chocolate Milk," except then someone else wrote a bad poem about chocolate milk, so we changed.

Feel free to add your own repulsive poetry in response.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ronnie said...

I'm incapable of writing bad poetry. Even if I tried, students would still be writing doctrinal dissertations on all its intricate subtleties hundreds of years from now.

3:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home